Sunday, November 18, 2012

Winter Wreath

Ok.  Here goes.  My first official project post!!! So excited!  I will apologize ahead of time for the poor quality of the photos.  I promise, it will get better! The project I'm going to show you guys today is definitely not my best work, but I do like how it turned out.  I started out with a floral foam wreath form ( I know, I know, not neccesarily the most inexpensive choice, but it was all my tiny little Walmart had to offer).  I've had the yarn for a while now and wasn't sure what to do with it (don't ask me why I had yarn when I don't know how to crochet, knit or do anything else that requires yarn). :-/  Luckily, it was perfect for this project. 



 Let me tell you, wrapping the wreath with yarn is a lengthy process!  Turn on HGTV and get comfy!  Oh, by the way, if you have a very helpful 8 year old, DO NOT leave your wreath unattended to run to get dinner for everyone!  I wish I had taken a picture.  He really was trying to help, but it took me forever to untangle that mess! 
 
The next thing I did was add some pinecones that I had picked up in the Christmas section at (you guessed it) Walmart.  I also added some flowers that I had in my craft stash, but it still needed something....
 
I tried adding a letter for our last name
but I didn't like it.
 
So, I took it off and after several Google and Pinterest searches (and some serious hot glue gun burns) I made these little cuties out of some brown felt I had laying around.
Are you ready to see the finished product?!!?
I still think it might be missing something...  What do you think?  If you have any ideas, please leave me a comment below.  Thanks for stopping by!
See you soon,
Jamie 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment