Saturday, November 24, 2012

Winter White Christmas Tree

Hey there! So, I put my tree up over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I didn't decorate it right away. I'm not one of those people who has the same ornaments every year. I like to have a different theme or color scheme each year, but this year, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. So, there sat my poor, empty, puny tree. For 3 days. I was beginning to hate it. It was too bare, too short, too...green? I was losing my mind! Trees are supposed to be green, right? Not in my mind, not this year. I was dreaming of a beautiful, full, flocked tree. You know, the kind that looks like it has snow on the branches? I looked online and found several I liked. The least expensive one? $230.00 The most expensive one I liked? $990.00!!! Now, I know that $230.00 might not sound like much to some people, but to me, right before the holidays,not happening. So of course, I went to Pinterest in search of inspiration. Somewhere in all my Pinterest and Google searching, I came across a couple of people who had painted their trees. What's that, painted their Christmas trees? Now you're thinking I have really lost my mind. What did I have to lose? I already hated the tree and had complained about it so much that my dear husband was threatening to haul it to the dump. So, with my handy dandy foam brush in hand, some glitter for sparkle and some linen colored craft paint, I got to work dabbing paint on the tips of the branches and then sprinkling them with glitter. Then I decided to go a little bit deeper into the tree. The whole process took me about an hour and when I finished.... there wasn't much of a difference. You thought I was going to say it looked great, didn't you? I'm not sure what I did wrong. But, I set there a few more hours and then decided to just go ahead and pull out the first ornaments I saw in the Christmas closet and decorate the tree. What I came up with were just plain white ornaments and some burlap garland
Guess what? I actually kind of like it! Now, I'm sure that I will be hitting some after-Christmas sales looking for a good deal on a big, beautiful tree, but for now, I am satisfied. :-)

2 comments:

  1. It really does look very nice. I really like your white ornaments and the burlap. We had been going through the same thing every time I put up our old tree. We finally pulled the trigger this year and bought a new one. I'm a much happier tree decorator this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol! I'm glad you were able to get your dream tree! Maybe next year, I'll be a happier tree decorator too! :-)

    ReplyDelete