Monday, January 14, 2013

My Budget Binder

Hey girlies! Today, I'm showing you how I keep track of my bills and some other important paperwork. It's simple and it's what works best for me. Hopefully, you'll find it useful too. I don't have any really good before pictures of my bills because I started doing them this way before I ever even thought about starting this blog. I had slacked off a little, so I do have some pictures of my before binder and the way it looks now that I've organized it a bit better.


The front cover of my binder before. I hated that the scrapbook paper didn't cover the front completely. I couldn't get a good picture, but I slid a full piece of scrapbook paper in the front and it looks so much better.


As you can see, I really hadn't kept up with the paperwork like I should have. I knew that meant it was time for an update. :-)
Before, I only had one big section for utilities, I didn't separate them. Big mistake! Now, I have each section separated by type of bill (rent, cable, etc.) and I think this is going to work a LOT better.
I now have dividers for each bill. I also have dividers for banking, check stubs and tax info. When I finish paying a bill, I write the confirmation number on the bill, hole punch it and stick it in the corresponding section. Easy peasy!

Look! I made it prettier! I saw these folders at WalMart and had to have them! I three hole punched them and Ta-Da, they are now my new binder dividers! Love it!

So, this is how I organize my bills. How about you? How do you keep track of your bills? Do you have any tips for me on how I can improve my system? Let me know!
See you soon, Jamie

3 comments:

  1. What's the font you used for "Budget Binder." I love that one.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Segoe Print. I think it comes standard on Microsoft Word. Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, kudos to Walmart for having such pretty folders! Love how your budget binder turned out! Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete